The Old Coach Museum
The Coach Museum is one of Lisbon’s most popular, annually attracting over 200,000 visitors. It was founded in 1905 by Dona Amélia de Orleães (the last Portuguese queen) and it stands in the former Royal horse riding arena.
Located by the river Tagus, in the western area of Lisbon, the National Coach Museum occupies the premises formerly belonging to the Oficinas Gerais do Exército (old General Military Workshops).
The Royal Riding School, which used to belong to the Royal Palace of Belém, currently the official residence of the President of the Republic, can still be visited as an exhibition nucleus of the National Coach Museum.
Museu Nacional dos Coches
Address :Avenida da Índia nº 136, 1300-300 LISBOA
Phone: (351) 210 732 319
N 38.696602, W -9.198740